Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Latte


I really love the Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks, but they are so expensive and I'm sure they have a ton of sugar.

So, I found two recipes on allrecipes.com to make at home.

Today I tried this one. 

Pumpkin Spice Latte

-Brew a cup of double-strength coffee.
-Heat up a cup of milk.
-In a blender, combine the hot milk, a heaping teaspoon of sugar (or sucanat), 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract, and 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
-Blend until frothy.
-Pour the milk mixture into a mug about 2/3 full.
-Add coffee until the mug is full.
-Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice (and whipped cream if you like).


The verdict:  I still prefer the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, but since it is too expensive to get often this homemade version will suffice.

Update on Fri. 11/5
Today I tried the other recipe and it was so awful that I won't even bother writing a separate post for it.  It is similar to the one above but uses two tablespoons of pumpkin puree.  It tasted like melted pumpkin pie and I could barely drink the whole mugful, so I definitely don't recommend it.

2 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! Right now we have been having weather in the 90's but Sunday it is going to rain, this would be perfect!
    Thanks for your visit!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, I love your comment that you won't even write a separate post for the "awful" recipe! I've never even tasted Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte, but it must be good becuase everyone talks about it. I have my Pumpkin Spice on the counter and hope to try this soon.

    Be sure to write your review on the AllRecipe site, I use that site and always appreciate reviews!
    Love, Heidi

    ReplyDelete