Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Pesto Provolone Hamburgers



Usually, I am not much of a fan of hamburgers, but these are to die for.  We took a recipe for Turkey Pesto Sliders from Annie's Eats and made regular-sized hamburgers, instead.

1 - I made hamburger buns using the recipe from her site, but I used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose, olive oil instead of vegetable oil, and I left off the sesame seeds.  Next time I might make double the recipe so I can keep some in the freezer; they took a long time to make and a short time to eat (but they were worth it).

2 - My husband cooked some hamburgers made from grass-fed beef.

3 - We filled the hamburger buns with a burger, some Spinach Basil Pesto (we usually just keep a container of it in the fridge because we use it so often), and a slice of provolone and popped them in the oven for a few minutes until the cheese melted.

Since I normally just have ketchup with hamburgers this was a nice change.  What is your favorite way to eat a hamburger?

2 comments:

  1. these look fabulous as does the cashew chicken below!
    Thanks for your visit!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we were really impressed & jealous of where you guys live! Honestly I wouldn't be able to raise beef because if I see the animal alive first I wouldn't be able to eat him ={ Maybe I could do hens for eggs. But I think I would start first with just an herb garden and see how I do with that haha

    ReplyDelete